8 Dec 2013

Yay! I did my hair by myself! :D

 I just finished...trying not to look drained

Sorry, this is a late post but I've been so busy getting ready for my uni trip. I did this a week before I travelled.

Hair style: Single Twists with Xpressions
Time taken: 6 hours+ (seeing as this was my first time)

Improvement for next time:
- Jeez, I made quite a few mistakes haha but everything has to start somewhere. Practice always makes perfect.
- DO NOT CUT THE ENDS UNTIL YOU'VE DIPPED THEM IN WATER - I think I did this out of frustration and it all loosened :( I spend a couple more hours twisting them back up.
- I need to resort to my aunts to help me perfect my twists so that they can hold. But I think it's because they kept loosening at the ends. I've tried to twist the ends back up several times.
- Tighter!!! It will eventually come.

In general, they came out looking great! I am pleased with the fullness and thickness and with my determination. My mum praised me for my strongwill like, I wouldn't sleep until I got it done. I did half before I went to work, came back from work and continued it. I looked like a mess at work, I won't even lie. I know that with more practice that I can shorten the time it takes and make it look immaculate!

For next time, I want to do twists, but with afro texture. I really want that beautiful dreadlock look! I still tick to doing twists rather than braids (for now) because they are easier and quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?