7 Mar 2014

How To: WIG Challenge for natural hair


 I decided to join the wig challenge for the year 2014 and hopefully last for a full year. I managed to find a really good natural looking synthetic wig by La Jay Vanessa ( my video review above). I have received soooo many compliments about this hair and how it suits me - from strangers and friends alike. I am in love with it. I only decided to buy it in the hair store when two women thought it was my real hair when I tried it on. I was like, really? Ching! Bought it in January.

Goals:
Simple: Achieve optimal growth by saying no to manipulation.

My Wig Regimen:
  • Braid my hair in small sections (blog post) underneath wig.
  • Wash day after 30 days. Undo braids, detangle, hot oil, wash and condition. Then back into braids.
  • After 15 days, garlic and onion treatment and then co-wash to combat dryness!
  • Green House Method I cover my hair with a plastic cap at night, satin scarf to wrap around and a beanie cap for extra warmth. I wake up in the morning with damp and moisturised hair. I try to do this everyday.
  • Moisturise my hair every other day with my water and shea butter mix/castor oil. Castor oil is just the best oil for moisture for my hair! I've learned that my 4C hair just has a dry texture to it and there is nothing I can do about it. It's not a smooth surface so it won't reflect light and shine like straight hair.

& yes, I do miss my hair now and then. I have to keep myself from touching it but I'm good. Let me reach 2 years growth before I let it all out and surprise myself! I am too busy anyways.

Feel free to ask me any questions!
- Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?