21 Mar 2014

Why I stopped the wig regimen

The hair journey is truly far from monotonous. I'm quite tired with how easily bored we  women can get with our hair. I think its inborn into us to be bored with a hair style after one week haha. I guess you can always have a protective hair style that can be switched up easily with accessories, whilst keeping it the same.

Why did I stop
I initially wanted to go a year with the wig regimen - in fact that's how much I loved it and was content with it. It was the most simplest regimen ever! However, I started to miss my beloved hair. I also felt like it hindered my relationships: people would compliment 'my hair' but it wasn't my hair! I know some people will say, euhh why are you worried then? I'm worried because I'm going to intern and volunteer during summer and aim to build long-term relationships. Your hair is a part of you and I feel like I want people to know the whole me. The wig is very far from how my own hair looks like in terms of size and texture. People in uni were asking me how I managed it and I had to fight myself in the dilemma between whether to lie or say the truth. Well, in front of 5 people curiously wondering about this big hair how do you say the truth? So that bugged me. Bear in mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the wig challenge/regimen, I only wasn't comfortable with the questions and wondering. I needed to make it easier on myself. I also did not have any problem with the size - I loved it. And who knows how big my own hair can get in the future. Honestly, I received sooooo many compliments with that hair its crazy that I would want to ditch it. However, I'll still keep it and wear it for occasions just because it looks so good on me.


Faux Bun

Hello! I watched a youtube video of the faux bun. I tried it. I loved it. It's perfect. I've been keeping bags of textured hair with me because I planned on doing long kinky twists but now I've found something great to use them for. You can clearly see the smile on my face in the previous pictures that I posted in the previous post. This bun, has been making people ask the right questions and assume the right things. I know I shouldn't care, but seeing that in a few years time, my hair will be able to bun up in the same manner with that texture - it makes me happy. People think its mine because there is literally no difference between the textures. I am super comfortable and I feel like people can really approach me. Also, I can protect/moisturise and care for my hair in the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?