12 Jan 2016

NATURAL PROTECTIVE INSPIRATION: KINKYSTYLES1980

As you know, I have been following natural hair journeys on Youtube for over 3 years now, and I have my favourites - the ones that I love have been on youtube for more than 5 years and continue to this day bring out a new video here and there. One thing I know for sure is that their regimen was on point, they had fun taking care of their hair, were/are very knowledgable about natural hair care and their own hair and have grown own their long hair beautifully.

I think I have shared a long list of my favourite Youtube naturalistas but I have those naturalistas who are just amazing. One of them has always been Naptural85. Watching her old videos again is like therapy, and noting that she has not changed her regimen all that much is inspiring. Another natural, who I actually forgot about but got randomly reminded of, is Kinkystyles1980. This go-happy, natural has the most beautiful, long, thick and lucious kinky 4c hair. It's truly inspiring, I'm not sure why I didn't include her in my 4C Hair Inspiration Video. They both have their videos from when they started out on a twa, its so inspiring to see!

Another strategy that these two beauties have in come is their choices of protective styles - apart from  being dedicated to natural hair products and treatments such as the very popular Avocado/mayo/egg/yoghurt treatment (which is in my staple and has been recommended to me by a friend) - they are serious about their protective styles. Guess which one... MINI TWISTS! I can testify for my self that in my previous journey, mini twists have just been amazing for me and I was initially inspired by Nap85. BlakIzBeautiful is also another long-term youtuber who can testify to the benefits of minitwists - timesaving in the long-term, flexible in style, super easy to do!  The growth and thickness that would be visible after my take downs were amazing when I'd keep them in for 4 weeks. I cannot wait for my hair to be at that length again so I can put my hair into those twists. Check out my Youtube videos for more!

Kinkystyles1980

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?