13 Feb 2016

Giovanni Direct Leave In Review


I have heard many great reviews about Giovanni Leave In conditioners, especially as a cheaper alternative to my current Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In. I can't wait to try it out (save me money) instead of buying a new KCKT which is nearly running out.

Update 7-032-06 Review:


So I took down my twists and used these products to deep condition and to finger detangle. Unfortunately the deep conditioner did not do much to my hair. My hair still felt kinda crisp, even though the liquid feels soft 'as silk'. However, it did not WOW me. I'll be giving it to my bf.

The leave-in conditioner was applied to a section of matted and tangled hair. I still had some difficulties detangling it despite having applied the product. Then I switched to my KKKC and it saved me! The slip was so goood. So let's just say I bought another bottle of KCKT Leave-in (£13 Amazon). It's just everything. I have to accept it - this product is a staple - in fact, it's a necessity. The slippery elm root in it (which you can DIY) is just golden for detangling kinky hair. The tangles just come out and smooth out so easily. So unfortunately, while I will keep the Giovanni Direct Leave-in as a leave-in conditoner, it won't work as a detangler for me because I heard reviews about it competing with KCKT.  Despite them both being 'natural', Giovanni products contain alcohol in them wheres KCKT is nearly 100% natural: ''Organic mango extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, *behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.''

I wanted to record a review video comparing Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In vs Giovanni Leave In conditioners, but given the result on my hair, this post will do. I'll stick with what has always worked KCKT, but definitely keep the Giovanni Direct as a Leave-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?