22 Aug 2012

Shopping for the journey!


(Click on the picture to enlarge it)
Okay, so today I did a huge hair shopping. See when you're busy doing weaves you don't really see the need to buy creams, oils and tools for your natural hair. But upon having started this journey, I realised there was the need to purchase hair care products, such need I have never experienced before. It felt weird. Yes, I had to adjust because my natural hair just achieved some level of importance in my life.
In the above picture, the oils and creams that I bought at my local hair shop are shown, the other stuff I bought will be explained too.

Stay On Satin Night Scarf - designed with a string that can be tied to lock in moister and prevent breakage at nighttime. Silk scarfs are the way forward.

Oils and creams:

  • Luster's Pink Original - Vitamin E revives damaged hair, Vitamin B5 protects and conditions hair, heat protection. Many of my friends that often use natural hair make use of this cream and the effects are very obvious. It's an amazing, silky smooth cream.
  • Indian Hemp (top) - I cannot stress how much this natural herbal cream blesses black hair. I have known its benefits as I also had a tiny container version. The ingredient label made me smile: coconut oil, sweet almond oil, rosemary oil, avocado oil, saflower oil, soy protein, Indian Hemp Herb etc. Packed up with so much goodness!
  • 100% Coconut Oil
  • 100% Jojoba Oil - this was expensive!!! I asked one of the shop assistants and he said the best ones are the most expensive ones. Fair enough.
  • 100% Pure Peppermint Oil
  • 100% West Indian Castor Oil
I decided these are the oils and creams that I will be making use of throughout my hair regime.

Sprays/Shampoo/Conditioner (not in the picture)

  • Bristows Extra Firm Hold - for my curls!
  • Elasta QP Hair Gel Organic Infusion + Olive Oil - for when I want to pack up my hair. Ingredients: water, coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin A, vitamin C, Avocado Oil (full of vitamins!)
  • Schwarzkopf Hair Repair Liquid Silk Shampoo - Repair Innovation with liquid Keratin (affordable!)
  • Herbal Essences Moisture Balancing Conditioner - Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Passion Flower
There were so many hair care products but I took my time to select the products that would do no harm to my hair and select out the good and natural ingredients. Some products had zero natural ingredients in them and all I kept reading was sulphate, petroleum this and that. There were many more good oils sold in the hair shops but I felt these ones were sufficient and had the best qualities. Although my bank account did not like this shopping, it will be a one off and I can keep consistency in my hair care. My hair must be happy right now.

Ps: I bought a spray bottle so I can mix in the oils and spray onto my hair sparingly when doing my treatments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?